Sistema Waikato is a musical social development programme supporting children in West Hamilton communities through free orchestral music tuition. The programme is founded on the ground breaking Venezuelan El Sistema model devised by José Antonio Abreu in 1975, which uses group music-making as a vehicle for social transformation, particularly within our less advantaged communities.
Assistance is needed to ensure the Programme is effectively carried out and as support staff for Sistema Waikato, you will be primarily responsible for the following key tasks:
• Set-up/Pack-down of equipment and teaching rooms
• Supervising the sign in/sign out desk
• Assisting with resource acquisition - Supporting the Programme Manager with picking up food, stationary or any other supplies needed
• Assist the tutor team - Being able to support our team and follow their instruction, this may be supporting them with children supervision, running messages between classrooms, assisting with health and safety (e.g support walking children across the road), general support so the appropriate duty of care may be carried out.
• Able to meet the NZ Police Vetting test criteria.
• Ability to take direction and use initiative
• Ability to uphold and represent the Sistema Waikato values both inside and outside of the programme
• Ability to work cohesively in a team environment
Work days and times revolve around the after school programme and holiday programmes. The after school programme runs eight weeks per term on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:40pm – 5:10pm. You can work between one and three days per week, based on availability and need. During the summer and winter school holidays there will also be the chance to work five days from 8:30am – 4:30pm each day or any part thereof. The role requires an immediate start, ongoing on a termly basis.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.