Become a Member
What We Offer - Benefits of Membership
If your organisation is in the Waikato, if you involve volunteers (or would like to), and are committed to best practice in volunteer management – then your organisation will benefit from becoming a member of Volunteering Waikato, Te Ohu Tuuao o Waikato.
Volunteering Waikato membership gives access to…
- An online Volunteer Referral System. You may list as many positions as you choose for one annual membership fee.
- Help and support to create great role listings, helping you to find the right volunteers for your roles.
- An opportunity to profile your organisation on our website, enabling potential volunteers to find out more about your organisation.
- Advertising and promotion – we advertise widely around the Waikato Region, through extensive social media, and on our website. Potential volunteers can ‘apply online’ for your voluntary positions.
- Groups of volunteers for specific projects through our Team Volunteering Programmes.
- An advice and support service in all aspects of volunteering and volunteer management. Something not going right in your volunteer team? We can help to troubleshoot and help to make positive changes.
- Specialised training opportunities for those recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Regular networking events for Co-ordinators of Volunteers - a great opportunity to learn from others working in this specialised field.
- An opportunity to take part in the annual Volunteer Excellence Awards. Nominating your individual volunteers or teams of volunteers is a great way to say ‘Thank You!’ - and all member organisations receive an invitation to attend the event.