It is our purpose to provide the best possible Hospice and Palliative care for patients and their families (by the right person, at the right time, in the right place and in the right way). We provide high quality holistic care for people who are dying, in the setting of their choice, and we support them, their families/whanau and carers through illness, death and bereavement.
Hospice is not a building, it is a philosophy of care. Our goal is to help people make the most of their lives. We care for the whole person, not just their physical needs but also their emotional, spiritual and social needs. We care for families and friends as well, both before and after death.
We offer the following services:
1) Palliative home care nursing
2) Palliative care for children and their families
3) Emotional support through illness, death and bereavement
4) Individual support groups for bereaved family/whanau members
5) Family support volunteers for companionship or family/whanau/carer relief
6) Life review volunteers to assist patients with life review
7) Equipment, resources and library books to loan
8) Access to inpatient beds for respite or end stage care
9) Education for community groups and health professionals
10) Consultancy with other health professionals