Aroha Cruise In is an event that brings an awesome vibe to Te Aroha for one day every year. The event gets bigger and better which means we need to expand our team of dedicated volunteers. This role is about providing a number of people to be the eyes and ears of the event to ensure everybody is safe and the event runs smoothly. As a security patroller you will circulate through the event with a focus on:
• Providing any help or assistance - from giving directions to following up on any concerns raised
• Defusing situations
• Advising on any public health and safety concerns
• Reporting an incidents - you are supplied with an RT
• Generally being a steadying influence
You will work with a small team of other volunteers but also individually depending on the needs of the event as it unfolds
We are looking for volunteers with the following:
• a calm but firm manner
• physically fit as you will be on your feet a lot
• able to follow instructions
• good work ethic
• able to work with in a small team
• able to use your own initiative
• awareness of conflict management
• good time management skills
• first aid certificate will be a bonus but not essential
This job requires some one who is willing to be helpful, able to help in a variety of situations, who can monitor crowds, work on their feet, and identify potential hazards
A Ministry of Justice background check is required for this role.
8.30am-3.30pm on Saturday October 7th 2023
Times are flexible to suit your availability.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.