As Treasurer, you'll play a critical role in ensuring the success of our mission by managing our finances and providing financial reports and information to the Trust. You'll be responsible for keeping accurate accounting records, preparing financial statements, and completing the Annual Return with Charities Services.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with financial experience who is eager to gain leadership experience and make a positive impact on the community. As a Trustee and Office Holder of the Trust, you'll be volunteering your time and expertise to help us achieve our goals.
The responsibilities of a Treasurer, as per outlined in our Deed, are:
• Keep proper accounting records of the Trust’s financial transactions that allow the financial position of the organization to be readily ascertained.
• Provide a financial report at each meeting which includes bank reconciliation, budget expectations, and forecasts.
• Provide financial information to the Trust as it so determines.
• Preparation of annual financial statements; and
• Completion of Annual Return with Charities Services.
There are a couple of additional tasks which you will have to fulfill. These are:
• Some administrative duties of our bank account and manage it accordingly.
The monthly payment of invoices and expenses will be made in partnership with another Trustee.
•Support our funding advisor with the Trust’s applications for grants from private and public entities.
Important to note that we are looking for someone that is willing to be the Treasurer and join our Board of Trustees as well. So effectively you will be a Trustee and hold an official position as Treasurer in the Board. We meet every month for approximately two-hour meeting plus the duties of treasure could take between four to five hours a month.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Committee & Board