Shama Ethnic Women's Trust is seeking 2 Volunteer Tutors/Conversation Partners to support its Language Support Groups. Volunteers should be able to commit either one or more of the following sessions - Wednesday's (Conversations) /Thursday's (Reading and Writing) from 10 am till 12 noon at 8 Liverpool Street, Hamilton Central - Shama.
Have fun and make a valuable contribution to our community by meeting and helping a diverse range of ethnic women. We have classes 3 days a week and the tutors can pick a day according to their availability and convenience. You'll work with a group of ethnic women who are learning English language skills necessary for day today living and working in our community. Most students are limited-English speakers. Tutors sometimes happen to work one-on-one with individuals.
A minimum of 3 months commitment, commencing mid/end of October 2022, is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 months commitment, commencing 2nd week of February 2023.
• 2 hrs commitment per week ( 10 am -12 noon- Wednesday/Thursday during school terms)
• Strong desire to improve the English langue skills of women
• Experience in teaching adults
• Covid vaccinated
• Sensitivity to cultural differences
• Outgoing and fun-loving personality
• Ability to prepare and implement lesson plans independently
• Fluency in English
At least 2 hrs per week during school term - either Wednesdays/Thursdays
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.