The Waikato Women's Fund - Te Ira Waahine O Waikato, is a community of generous women who work together to create opportunities for women and girls in the Waikato. We support projects that help and empower women to reach their full potential and achieve the best outcomes. We are currently looking for a Committee Secretary.
A Committee Secretary has a wide ranging role which includes the following responsibilities:
• to manage the committee’s business. This involves preparing agendas in liaison with the chair and/or an agenda committee, monitoring the progress and scheduling of the committee’s business, and ensuring that meetings run smoothly according to the guidelines set out below. Committee secretaries should maintain a “rolling schedule” of business for the forthcoming session and beyond. This will include recurrent items, and one-off items which a committee has specified should be reviewed again at a particular time. This system will enable a draft agenda to be drawn up in advance and help identify papers which may require early planning and extensive preparation.
• to ensure that the committee operates in accordance with these guidelines;
• to be thoroughly familiar with the committee’s terms of reference so that appropriate advice on the committee’s business in relation to them can be given on them when needed;
• to be aware of the wider context in which the committee operates and in particular being able to relate its business to the Fund's strategic priorities;
• to brief the committee chair before the meeting to ensure that any difficulties in transacting business are anticipated and appropriate strategies for handling them identified.
• to be familiar with the membership of the committee, when the periods of office of the members expire, and the procedure for replacing members;
• to take the minutes of the meeting and ensure that the necessary follow up action is taken.
Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
Good writing skills
Up to 5 hours per month.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Committee & Board