Dress for Success is an international not-for-profit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence. Since starting operations in 1997, Dress for Success has expanded globally and has 153 affiliates in 30 countries – 7 are in New Zealand. To date, Dress for Success has helped more than 1,000,000 women work towards self-sufficiency.
The mission of Dress for Success Hamilton is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
The purpose of this role is to provide a welcoming, thoughtful, and generous dressing service to women needing clothes to enter the workforce. You will ensure that women leave our dressing boutique having been served with "more than the dress".
The key tasks and responsiblities are to provide and efficient and consistent dressing service, and maintain excellent presentation of the boutique.
- Work with clients to ‘style and put together’ suitable clothing for their job search, job interview or commencing work.
- Provide information and advice on styling, makeup, use of accessories.
- Offer and provide careers advice and information for interviews where required and appropriate e.g. CV reading and feedback, guidance around how to undertake an interview. Keep up to date with our online Careers Centre site and appropriate resources as maintained by the Executive Manager and volunteers.
- Identify the right look for the client keeping in mind building confidence and self esteem.
- Complete digital recording of client info and outgoing items. Train and assist other team members to use a tablet to fill out online client dressing forms.
- Sort donated clothing.
- Assist with other tasks as they arise i.e. mending, ironing, steaming and other general housekeeping roles.
- Maintain excellent presentation of the boutique - daily tidy and clean of all client facing areas.
- Other duties may be required from time to time in line with our strategic plan including attending and helping set up pop up clothing displays for both the public and online clothing sales.
- A high level of personal presentation, and have an interest in, and experience with, clothing, fashion and style.
- A high level of professionalism and care in all interactions:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to relate easily to a wide range of women, particularly those who might be lacking in confidence or feeling nervous or anxious.
- Empathy for people from a wide variety of backgrounds / situations.
- A professional, non-judgmental attitude.
- A clear understanding of the need for client confidentiality.
- The ability to recognise and respect other people’s boundaries.
- Being a good listener.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Able to ‘think on your feet’ to find solutions – no two clients are alike!
- A good ‘team player’ who is honest, flexible and reliable
A Ministry of Justice background check is required for this role.
Training will be Tuesday to Thursday 10am-12.30pm (one of these days for a few sessions)
Once trained hours and days are tbc - most likely they will be either Tuesday 12noon to 3pm or Thursday 12 noon to 3pm.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below.
We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Apply for this role: