The chairperson ensures that the management committee functions properly, that there is full participation at meetings, all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out.
Ensure the management committee functions properly
• Plan and run meetings in accordance with the governing document
• Ensure matters are dealt with in an orderly, efficient manner
• Bring impartiality and objectivity to meetings and decision making
• Facilitate change, and address conflict within the management committee
Ensure the organisation is managed effectively
• Liaise with Neighbourhood Support New Zealand as appropriate to keep an overview of the organisation’s affairs
• Coordinate the committee to ensure responsibilities for particular aspects of management (e.g. personnel matters, financial control etc., ) are met and specialist expertise is employed as required
• Facilitate change and address any conflict within the organisation
Provide support and direction to the Field/Administration Officer
• Support Field/Administration Officer in related issues
Represent the organisation
• Communicate effectively the vision and purpose of the organisation
• Advocate for and represent Neighbourhood Support Hamilton with key stakeholders at external meetings and events, when required
• Be aware of current issues that might affect Neighbourhood Support Hamilton
Qualities, commitments and skills required
• Understanding of the role/responsibilities of a governance committee
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good leadership skills
• Tact and diplomacy
• Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidentiality
• Obtain, or already hold, a NZ Police clearance
• Knowledge of the operating environment for charities
• Ability to work from home using information technology
A commitment to at least one year of voluntary service involving approximately ten hours per month. Attendance at least six, two hourly management committee meetings per annum.
You can do this role from your own home.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Committee & Board