Social media is a tool we are using more and more to effectively inform people about what we do and to raise the profile of our organisation. You will have a close working relationship with the Station Master/Administrator and will be responsible to them. Tasks include:
• Monitoring the railway’s activities to provide source material for social media posts, including taking and/or sourcing images/videos;
• Ensuring Goldfields Railway maximises its use of social media so that all market sectors receive effective, consistent communications;
• Regularly posting updates and monitoring all social media platforms, ensuring consistent messaging;
• Regularly updating the News page on the railway’s website;
• Regularly reporting on customer feedback, highlighting areas that may need to be addressed to improve the visitor experience;
• Ensuring relevant apps are in place and up-to-date;
• Providing updates to the Station Master/Administrator if new social media platforms become available.
This role would ideally suit an individual who has experience or is looking for a career in Communications. You need to have the following attributes:
• Friendly and outgoing – very much a people person;
• Practical knowledge of popular social media platforms and how they operate across a number of devices;
• Quick learner;
• Exceptional communication skills;
• Excellent photographic skills, including editing;
• Works with minimal supervision;
• Resourceful, creative;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Handles stressful situations well;
• Can work as an individual or within a team environment.
Flexible to meet your availability. It is possible to work remotely and visit the railway as required.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.