As event promotor you will engage with a variety of businesses to share details about the event, offering printed promotional material that can be utilised to reach others and be encouraging businesses to participant in the walk and/or run. You will keep track of where posters are displayed and ensure they are taken down after the event.
The Pink Walk and Button Run has been organised by the Waikato Breast Cancer Research Trust since 2006. The fun walk / run takes place to:
• show support for everyone that has battled breast cancer
• recognise the amazing work of the research team and dedicated breast cancer specialists
• raise funds to support the Waikato Breast Cancer Research Trust's work in developing treatments and cures for breast cancer
• encourage people to get moving and restart the Spring / Summer outdoor activity after being tucked up inside over the winter
Every day one Waikato woman is diagnosed with breast cancer. The Waikato Breast Cancer Research Trust is researching the best ways to diagnosis and treat breast cancer to ultimately prevent the disease. The Trust also exists to give people with breast cancer the chance to be part of clinical trials that are making a difference for future generations. With no government funding for research, we rely on the generosity of our community.
For the right applicant this role could be combined with the Raffle and Prize Generator for the Pink Walk and Button Run.
By participating in this volunteering opportunity you are helping achieve the following United Nations Sustainability Goals ;
Goal 3 - Good Health & Well-Being
Our ideal person will be:
• confident, in person and on the phone, to approach businesses
• dependable and reliable
• enthusiastic and have a 'can do' attitude
• able to work independently and as part of a team
• organised with excellent time management
• happy to organise their own transport that enables them to travel to businesses
The Waikato Breast Cancer Research Trust will provide full training and support, and all the resources you need to support this volunteer role.
This is a great opportunity to support a local charity dedicated to making a difference in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment, we'd love for you to be involved and make a difference with us!
No more than 4 hours a week up until the Pink Walk and Button Run event which will be on Thursday 29th October 2020 and then up to 5 hours the week after the event in ensuring posters have been taken down.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.