Insight Endometriosis are a local charity based in Hamilton. Since 1999 we have been empowering and supporting wāhine, diagnosed or yet to be diagnosed, with endometriosis. We want endometriosis to be widely recognised and understood. Through awareness, information and support we are normalising conversations about endometriosis to change diagnostic journeys and provide evidence-based information to empower decision-making.
We are currently recruiting for a capable Chairperson and one or two motivated trustees, with a strong alignment with our organisational values and aspirations, to join our Board which operates at a strategic and stewardship level.
While knowledge of endometriosis and/or chronic health conditions and gender issues would be an advantage, full training and induction will be provided.
We are specifically looking for knowledge of:
• current health systems such as primary care, chronic health issues, health research, health policy, co-design, health promotion
• addressing equity issues through systemic change
• comms and marketing
• donor fundraising programmes
You will be able to dedicate the time needed to thoroughly prepare and actively participate in discussions and the work of the Board. Time expectations are:
• Core monthly 1-hour lunchtime meetings by zoom, plus preparation time
• Periodic meetings on strategic topics
• Other tasks agreed to at meetings (typically related to a field of expertise)
While we have no fixed-term for trustee roles, we would expect a commitment to at least two years of service.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Committee & Board