Daffodil Day is vital to support the work we do in the community. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in and deliver a fun and worthwhile community event.
This rewarding role requires you to:
• Organise Daffodil Day collection sites in your community
• Lead a team of volunteers (includes sourcing volunteers, rostering for the street collection and maintaining communication)
• Promote Daffodil Day in your area
• Organise pre-sales of fresh daffodils (where applicable)
• Manage money (collection buckets/pre-sales/counter boxes/banking)
• Manage resources and merchandise (allocation and collection of promotional materials, stocktaking)
Support provided for volunteers
• Orientation and training
• Pre-event planning and post-event debrief sessions
• Support and guidance whenever required
• Reimbursement for travel expenses
To be successful in this role, you’ll be:
• Motivated and well-organised
• Able to work comfortably with people of all backgrounds
• Able to maintain boundaries and respect confidentiality
• Caring and empathetic
Hours required (indicative)
The time commitment will be approximately 30 – 40 hours, mainly during the months of July & August. You will need to be available for a full day on Daffodil Day (Friday 28th and Saturday 29th August) and for 2-4 hours after the event for debriefing activities.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.