Zeal Youth Worker (Centre-based)
We are a leading New Zealand youth organisation full of passionate, creative misfits who dedicate our lives to helping young people discover, express, and develop their unique creativity.
As part of this process we deliver a number of in-centre initiatives which aim to provide young people with a space of belonging and as well as avenues to gain skills, explore and express their own unique creative identity.
Our internal youth work initiatives seek to provide:
- A community of belonging and ownership in which inclusivity is cultivated and diversity is celebrated
- An exploration of passionate and creative pursuits in which young people are able to identify and develop skills that are in line with their own interests
- A positive sense of identity, cultivated through belonging and celebration of passionate and creative pursuits
- An increased sense of worth and purpose, believing that all young people have intrinsic value and something to offer the world
In this role, you’ll be involved with our youth development team, engaging with young people who are coming through our after school drop-in and creative programmes, and supporting the facilitation of an inclusive, supportive, and innovative environment.
- Be consistently present with the team and in training/induction processes.
- Be all about the young people in our space - provide meaningful interactions with young people in order to establish and build ongoing supportive relationships
- Support youth workers with data collection and debriefs
Skills & Experience:
- You know your stuff. You've got relevant experience or passions that will translate well to a youth work environment.
- You are an effective communicator and relationship builder
- You exude the right qualities. Confidence, approachability and maturity are just some of the things that make a youth worker successful.
- You’re committed to the cause. Zeal Youth Work is a commitment to the well-being of Hamilton’s young people. Consistency, reliability and authenticity are important qualities in our supportive team environment.
Applicants must complete an appropriate background check, training, and our Health & Safety process.
A Police background check is required for this role.
This is a volunteer role which requires at least once a week availability between the hours of 2:30pm - 6:30pm Tuesday - Friday. We are happy to make it work for you.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below.
We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Apply for this role: